Thursday, May 22, 2008

Wacky Weather

Just a few days ago I wrote about how miserably hot it was already. Between yesterday and today the high temp dropped TWENTY DEGREES! It is cloudy and has been sprinkling... the weather report says rain but I will believe it when I see it. I sure wish it would, I need to tractor the pasture again (see my very first post). Of course since we were supposed to get the pellet dispenser filled today, it rained at their yard and they did not send the truck out (they say it leaks!) Scraping the bottom of the barrel (literally) got the equines fed tonight but if they don't deliver tomorrow the critters will be having breakfast for dinner! (Seriously, no worries, we do have a barn full of hay so no one will go hungry!)

The view from the back porch, southeast towards Phoenix (and sorry the wind was blowing so hard it moved the camera!)

The view north and east from the front porch (here I was sheltered from the wind)

The clouds sure make for a pretty sunset though!


The best part is that it is supposed to stay cool through Saturday before it starts warming up again, so maybe maybe I can get some work done this weekend!!!

3 comments:

kdwhorses said...

The weather here this time of year can be crazy as well! It has been in the upper 80s and humid the last couple of days. Today was cooler and breezy winds! They are calling for scattered storms. So we knows this time of year. It may start out hot then rain and then cool all in one day! LOL!
Great pics!
The pencil-that is odd how it has been around that long!
I wonder about Mikey and the snakes! That was a great post, never knew that was how it was done!! But I can not say much I always have mutliple bags of calf nuts in my freezer at all times!

Momma / Cowgirl said...

It was windy yesterday and we heard that it was to rain... sure enough we had rain. We had heavy and cold rain and at one point we had hail coming down long enough that it had looked as if it had snowed. I hope it clears by morning so we can ride.

happy horsin' around!

PaintedPromise said...

calf nuts????? yikes!!!!!