Thursday, May 15, 2008

Burrs!

Last week when the new donkeys arrived I posted pictures of them with their burrs, and later when we had the burrs out I posted befores and afters...

Now I will introduce you to the burrs themselves. This first picture is all of the burrs and the hair we had to cut off with them. I put a water bottle next to the pile so you can see how big it is...

and remember, there was almost this much again taken off of them before they even got here!


Next is a close-up of about 6-7 burrs, you can see how deeply they were embedded in the donkeys' hair...

For more perspective, one burr in front of the water bottle. They were pretty much about the size of the last section of your finger...

Last but not least, a close-up of one burr, look at all the sharp points that were digging into the poor donkeys :(


Ruthie is still pretty tender, I brushed her tonight and got a lot of hair off of her, but she flinches a lot, poor old girl... and Gus and I went for another walk. Hhhmmm, wonder if walking him to lose weight, will make me lose weight too?

2 comments:

Debby said...

Poor things. Your donkeys, I mean, not the burrs.

kdwhorses said...

Ouch! Poor little things, glad you came along to help them out!