Monday, May 19, 2008

My how she has grown!

In October of 2004 my daughter Hilary's PMU filly arrived from Canada. Destiny was 5 months old. When she first came we called her "the lamb" because she was so white and fluffy...




In fact that whole first winter we discussed endlessly whether she had any markings, we would think we saw shadings here and there but never quite sure. When she shed out in the spring we found socks, a blaze and an appy butt! Every winter she fluffs up and everyone who doesn't know her calls her "the white horse" lol. But every spring when she sheds out her palomino is another shade darker and her white markings more distinct.

At 2 we could see her socks really well



At 4 and this year for the first time she has DAPPLES!





Just for grins this was Hilary's birthday present last year, courtesy of my friend Shawna (see her website in my links list).



2 comments:

Mikey said...

Wow, she has grown! She is a really pretty and unusual color. I gotta say, your artist there did a good job and really got her likeness down.

Sara said...

She's gorgeous! Zoey had dapples pretty badly last year, but then, this year, her pally coloring came in quickly. Pretty cool not knowing what you're gonna get from year to year. :)

Shawna did an awesome job! I've had her do a couple of woodburns for me, and I've never been disappointed. :)