Saturday, May 24, 2008

Settling In

The way our place is set up, there is about an acre of "arena" where I let the big horses roam during the week. On the weekend I shut them into the smaller pen adjacent to it and let the minis out into the arena. Today after everyone finished breakfast, I let Gus and Ruthie out in the arena with the minis. Gus needs the room to exercise and Ruthie told Soleil that she would like to have another baby, and seems really interested in the minis when we walk her near them, so we thought she would enjoy it as well. When I went out to put everyone away for dinner, this is what I found:
Ruthie relaxing in the sun...


and Gus... wow is he wide!

Excuse me??? Are you talking about me???


I'm so glad to see they are able to lay down!

3 comments:

Debby said...

That over-the-shoulder look cracked me up.

Unknown said...

They look so relaxed. Yay! And without burrs, they can lay down!
You are awesome! I loved the over the shoulder look, too! That Gus!

PaintedPromise said...

yeah those eyes... i could just HEAR him lol