Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A Very Odd Thing


I was given the above pencil tonight to write something down. Upon closer look I saw that it says "1988 CELEBRATION BALL". (Sorry it's not more focused, I tried and tried... but I think you can see that it really does say "1988".)

It occurred to me that this pencil is older than 4 of our 5 children. And that all 4 of those children are driving now.

Does that not strike you as odd? With all the things that could have happened to this pencil, it was still viable 20 years later...

OK so this post was not as interesting as Mikey's rattlesnake in the frig, but hey, I spend 40+ hours a week in an office... come to think of it, I'll take pencils and an office over a rattler in the frig any day!

2 comments:

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Cool. That is the year I graduated high school.

Debby said...

I like your pencil better than Mikey's rattlesnake...