Saturday, August 16, 2008

Milk Point Rides

This is what we were headed into as we made our way to the Rim yesterday afternoon.



Arrived just as the rain quit, got the horses settled and met my dad's brother-in-law, Norman is a very nice guy and an interesting character. He and Randy have a lot in common...

Last night I took a stab at getting the full moon...


Today I took my dad for a ride, me on Katie ponying Luna as usual, and Dad on Paint Mare. We figured out later on the quads that we rode almost 4 miles. I got to jump over some downed logs WOO HOO that always makes me smile. Gotta wait for my dad and his wife to get home before posting pics though because they are on her camera...

After lunch we all took a "quad" ride, Norman has a Rhino so Randy got to ride with him while I hitched behind my dad. We went exploring a few extra side roads, looking for good places to throw a horseback ride next summer...

Not much rain during the day today but the wind was so cold we ended up huddled in the RV after dinner instead of around the campfire. Made for an early night to bed...

No comments: