Thursday, March 27, 2008

Here We Go Again

Thank goodness Randy taught all of the kids where the shut-off valve is for the water lines. Had a bigger trailer hooked up to the golf cart to feed, and somebody hit a water line. I'm sure it wasn't me, because I fed Tuesday night, and Hilary said the water was not there when she fed Wednesday morning. However when she went out later in the morning, she found a lake. But she claims she did not hit the pipe. If I had hit it the night before, don't you think she would have seen the water the next morning?
This picture was taken tonight - still a lot of water.

The source of the trouble.
I got my best friend the shovel and dug out around the broken pipe - my contribution to the repair process :)
While digging I discovered a ratchet - which I guess must have been left the LAST time the pipe broke.
Randy's contribution: he brings home the pieces, and glues things back together. He says that's not his ratchet after all, so maybe the people who lived here before left it there? Although I am sure we have dug that particular pipe up at least once since we moved in...
Capped! We never use this spigot anyway... so this was easier than a complete repair.
Now to wait for the glue to dry and then turn the water back on and pray!
Oh, and the REASON why we have a bigger trailer hooked to the golf cart? SOMEONE drove the regular feeding trailer with a flat tire, for so long that it came off the rim.
Guess who did that? Not me! Hilary is on spring break so she's been feeding...

3 comments:

Carroll Farm said...

Oh sure blame my horse trainer. Is she that good of a scape goat that she is blamed for everything. lol

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Well at least it was an easy fix - lol. And driving on the flat tire - I so have a brother who would do the same thing...LMAO.

Mrs. Mom said...

The flat tire being driven on- yup-- I know a few (brothers of mine) who would do that too....

Nothing like a mud bath first thing in the morning, but maybe it would be a good facial? ;)