Wednesday, April 22, 2009

The Lord Works...

in mysterious ways. Last night at The Valley Remnant we found out that Gary's folks are turning over "their" church to him. His mom is unfortunately in hospice in the last stages of, I believe, her FOURTH bout with cancer... and she will not be coming home this time. So his dad said, it's time.

I am so sorry that Gary has to lose his mother for the right thing to happen. But wow, are we all SO EXCITED that Gary finally has a place for The Valley Remnant! We Got Wednesdays will still be our motto but we will now also have services on Sunday...

This first Sunday will be when Gary's dad makes the announcement to the "old" congregation and there will be some hard feelings, so although I won't commit to every Sunday, I am giving up a possible ride to be there to support him. I woudl ask that you please keep Gary, his parents - his entire family - and The Valley Remnant in your prayers during this transition period.

No comments: