Monday, June 30, 2008

Highest Recommendation

I just finished the book MARES! (Ya Gotta LOVE 'em) by Betsy Kelleher.

If you are a woman... if you love horses... if you have ever owned a mare... if you have ever even dreamed of someday having your own horse...

YOU HAVE GOT TO READ THIS BOOK!

I laughed out loud. I cried - buckets! Both sad and happy tears at that. One story even described, almost perfectly, our mare Katie - although I know it wasn't her, the physical description given matched our Katie!

So, WOW! I am inspired to attempt a better relationship with my mares... all of them! And I wouldn't be surprised to find that my mares had e-mailed Betsy to say thanks!

I don't know what else to say, do not miss this book! You can find Betsy's work at www.goduseshorses.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you are a writter?may be your book is wonderful and awesome!

kdwhorses said...

Thanks for the recomendation, I will have to get it! Have you ever read Sara Gruen? She has 2 books out-Riding Lessons and Flying Changes. I bought them both at Walmart and loved them!
I love my mare, I know I get alot of grief for riding one! But I love her, we get along great!

PaintedPromise said...

yes i have read Riding Lessons! in fact Sara was donating books to horse charities and sent me a couple to use as fundraisers... did not know there was a second, so will have to look into getting that! thanks :)

and to the first commenter, no, i am not a writer - well, not of books anyway!