Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Teeth - A Necessary Evil

Well that's how I feel today! My youngest called this morning, she has had a toothache since yesterday (first I've heard of it though!) and is it ok if she goes to the dentist? Geez. GO ALREADY!

Well it's the tooth she had a root canal on a year and a half ago, they don't know what's wrong and she has to go see an endodontist -is that some kind of dinosaur??? Actually he was a very nice man, but since it was her first visit and she is a minor I had to take off work and go with. Long story short it could be one of three things, all of which require a re-do of the root canal, now scheduled for Monday morning... can you hear my credit card screaming yet????

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I truely believe that dentist and insurance policys are organized extortion!!! LOL They never have to stand behind what they say they will do or what is covered!! LOL Poor kid - there is nothing worse than a toothache - I would rather have another baby than go to the dentist!!! Best of luck to her - and your credit card....

Mrs. Mom said...

Hope all goes well with the pearly whites there Mom.... (And that your CC does not have a stroke from it too.)

Hang in there!

Debby said...

Dental care is not covered on our insurance. We pay for it all out of pocket. Yikes. I understand your pain (and your girl's). Good luck to both of you.

PS Tim is looking for another job.

Momma / Cowgirl said...

Gosh... what is it about teeth now. My youngest son, Truck, says to me to make him an appointment at the dentist because he has a tooth bothering him,I tell him to make it himself, he says, "but you are the mom". This kid is 20 years old. LOL
I need a tooth pulled too (procrastinating). Guess I should make the call.

I hope everything turns out well for your youngest!!

Doris said...

I understand your pain also. I paid out $280.00 3 weeks ago for a bonding procedure that would hopefully stop the searing pain from hot to 2 teeth. Not only did it not stop the pain, now it is to hot or cold both. Plus the lower tooth is now involved. I just want to cry. It looks like I may lose at least 3 more teeth and I don't have many to spare !!But teeth that hurt are of no good .