Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day

First and foremost to my wonderful husband Randy who doesn't hesitate to parent my girls any time they need him :) and is a great dad to his own kids - even when they (and by "they" I do mean all of them!) don't appreciate it. The older they get, though, the smarter they all seem to think we are...

To my step-dad Peter, it's difficult to become a step-parent at any age but especially to adult children as that parent/child relationship opportunity is pretty much past... but I will always remember my mom saying that the best gift a father can give his children is to love their mother, and so I really appreciate the relationship he has with my mom and that he is there for her and takes care of her.

To my son-in-law Spencer, even though he doesn't have human children, he is a wonderful dad to my two grand-dogs!

To my dad, despite all the difficult times, we do have some good memories (learning to drive the Jeep, aspen trees, water-skiing, hiking and camping) and here's to the chance to make some more...

To those who have lost a father, especially my Andria - use this day to remember the good times, please don't be sad...

And to all the single moms out there, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to you too - as a former single parent, I know it's hard enough to be one parent, let alone both of them, you are doing a tough job and you deserve to be appreciated on Father's Day just as much as on Mother's Day!

And gosh it's HOT today here, glad we got so much done yesterday, I don't feel bad hiding in the house today ;)

2 comments:

Train Wreck said...

What a great explanation by your mom! So True!
Thanks for your comment on my , I mean my husbands dog!! Yeah! Sounds like you know all about who's dog is who's! Too funny! Man you have a little herd of dogs!! I also have a JRT!! She and Dieslel are too funny when they play!She is most always sweet untill she has had enough, Then she makes the "big" boy cry!!

kdwhorses said...

Great tribute! HOpe you all had a great Father's Day!