Monday, June 16, 2008

It's Gonna Be A Long Hot Summer

Whew! 111 degrees by the Jeep thermometer on my way home tonight. At 8pm, with the sun down, still 94 degrees by the house thermometer. Just last week it seemed chilly in the dawn, but today I was sweating before the sun showed its face.

In the winter when I see the pictures of blizzards and ice storms, I tell myself I am not going to complain when it gets hot here in the summer. So let me tell you, I am NOT complaining - I am just stating fact!!! IT'S HOT!!!!!!

4 comments:

kdwhorses said...

Girl I know!! Hot and humid here! The other day I had to quit riding after about a hour and a half. I was sweating so bad it was running into my eyes and burning my contacts! I hosed off the horses and me! LOL! Hope everyone remembers to stay hydrated during this weather! Drink lots of water and Gatorade!

Carroll Farm said...

Ha, ditto- no complaining here - even now with all the tornados and flooding. Glad for the heat. :) Although 114 degrees is pretty warm already. Stock up on water! We are having to fill all of our big horse troughs daily - they are thirsty too.

Debby said...

Oh, Susan, how could you NOT complain about the heat in that kind of heat?

Momma / Cowgirl said...

I hear ya about this heat. It has been in the high 90's to low 100's here and my poor hubby works outside all day.
I actually don't mind it being this warm, but that is because I am sitting on my porch just reading blogs.
You can't have enough water with you during this time. Stay hydrated, stay safe!
oh..... I best go check the troughs, thanks for the reminder Carrol Farm.