Monday, January 31, 2011

My Best Baby Yet!

What a busy weekend... Friday I cleaned ALL the pens except one, plus did other chores... never got to ride though.

Saturday I spent the day riding Katie in Black Canyon City with friends, had a lovely time, and a pot luck afterwards, with guitar playing and singing and a fire... stayed WAY too late, got home after dark and fed and THEN had to go into town to fuel up the itty bitty truck since there was no fuel on the way home from BCC or on the way to where I was going Sunday... locked Becky Lynn up for the second night, because her udder was suddenly twice the size of a couple of days ago... got to bed late and set the alarm for 4:30 to feed the big girls so they could finish eating before we left for our Sunday ride. Woke up at 4 a.m. so went ahead and got up to feed rather than try to catch another half an hour, since I was planning on going back to bed anyway. Had a funny feeling so cruised by Becky Lynn's pen and sure enough, there is a big donkey AND a little donkey... she just HAD to do it on a day I can't stay home because people are counting on me... checked real quick, baby was wet and wobbly, mama still dragging the you-know-what so I knew it had only been a few minutes since birth... lifted that tail though, and YAHOO it's a girl! And of course Randy has my camera at his Civil War reenactment event in Yuma, and my cell phone doesn't flash so no pictures in the dark :(

Went ahead and fed the big girls and went back to bed for a couple of hours. Laying there trying to fall back asleep, thought I wouldn't be able to because of the new baby, not since Moses have I gotten a name so strong... Yup she is definitely Jessica! Trying to think of a middle name and next thing I know the alarm is going off! Back out at 6:30 to feed all the minis, checked on baby and she is nursing, she has pooped, and mama has dropped the "stuff" so I cleaned that up and put betadine on the baby's umbilical cord. Got everyone fed and got ready to go, just poured my cereal when DeAnn arrived, so she was the first person besides me to know of Jessica's existence and to see her... she claimed "godmother" rights and that solved my problem of a middle name, so meet Jessica DeAnn:


Doesn't she have the BEST spot pattern??? And I love this accidental artistic shot with the shadows...


Proud Grandma...


After 4 months of Emily Ann and her igloo mama, THIS SIGHT thrilled me to no end...


The pictures are from tonight, since Randy didn't get home with the camera until after dark yesterday... so now I'm a bit ahead of myself. DeAnn and I loaded Glory, Katie and her Onyx and picked up Laurie down the street and her Topper, then headed for Camp Creek northeast of Carefree. Lindsey met us there, as well as Sabrina and Brenda with Jersey and Patch, and the 6 of us had a FABULOUS endurance training ride. Thanks Linz for exercising my Katie for me :) second week in a row I got 2 horses ridden at the same time {grin}. We had lunch ar Harald's afterwards and then headed home. Laurie brought her camera over and took some pictures of the baby for me, then DeAnn headed home and I saddled up Luna to go for a quick ride with Laurie and HER Katie... got home just about dusk and fed everybody and came inside to mess with the links to Laurie's pictures while I waited for Randy to get home. For whatever reason, I could open her photobucket album and copy the pictures to my computer, but a) they came out really small and b) i couldn't get them to load from my computer onto MY photobucket... SIGH.

Anyway I've got pictures now and I really do think this is my best baby yet! At least, spot-wise!!

3 comments:

Ms Martyr said...

Welcome Jessica. You are a pretty girl and so smart to nurse from your mama instead of a jug.

Mikey said...

She's adorable!! Love that spot pattern on her!!

Tish said...

Congratulations, what a little cutie pie.......!!!