Monday, January 17, 2011

Another Blogger Meeting!!!

Well, kinda... Sue is not technically a blogger as, unless she is hiding it from me, she doesn't have her own blog... guess we'd better get busy bugging her to start one! AND, I did actually MEET her at the Resolution Ride, she had been e-mailing me and I hooked her up with Rusty and she came to volunteer and looked me up... anyway we agreed to keep in touch and try to get together and...

TODAY WAS THE DAY!

Sue is wintering here from the northwest and did not bring her horse, and methinks she is kicking herself... although quite understandably, she worried about the traveling and then maybe not finding anyone to ride with. So I have already told her to get started on arrangements for next year, I can introduce her to lots of people {grin} and yes, some of them even have weekdays off!!! AND if she doesn't find a place closer to where she stays, she can park her trailer and her horse at Painted Promise Ranch...

Anyway, she came out this morning and we did the tour, sorry I never even THOUGHT to get the camera... I was up late last night and it took a while for the coffee to kick in this morning! In fact I slept in so late that I was only half done feeding when she got here so she had to watch me finish that first... but she got to meet all the minis, and the big horses, and the cows and the goats and chickens and the dogs...

By the time we finished that, the big girls were about finished with breakfast, so we grabbed Luna and Katie and saddled them up. We just did the little loop across the street that my neighbor and I usually do on our night rides, but it was a perfect introduction for Sue and Katie, and Luna was a good girl for me. Sue will have to check with hubby about possible other plans BUT I am hoping to introduce her to a sample endurance ride next Sunday - some friends and I are planning to do the Estrella Competitive Track (9+ miles) in "practice" mode, which would give Sue a taste of what she is headed for...

See, she told me today she was so excited, she had found someone to start riding her own horse for her, getting it started conditioning, and she is hiking etc. while here to get herself started, and...

SHE IS HOPING TO DO HER FIRST ENDURANCE RIDE about a month after she gets home...

And yeah... she is blaming it on me...

;)

No comments: