Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tough Time of Year

I am reminded of my daughter, who moved to Salt Lake City a few years ago... she says that months go where they don't even see the sun... just a bright-ish blur through the haze... and how depressing it is - especially for someone who grew up under the bright blue skies of Arizona.

This time of year is tough for me that way too. At least, Monday through Thursday, since I leave home before the sun rises and arrive home just as it is setting... I don't see my critters in the daylight for 4 days in a row...

The up side of this time of year is my 3-day weekends... Friday through Sunday I don't have to work and the weather is cool enough to be outside ALL THE TIME...

I do try to get out and walk on my lunch hour from work but it's a "city" walk and I don't care much for it. Better than nothing I suppose, but I'd rather be home...

However, even though it's a tough time of year, at least it's never more than 4 days in a row, and I am thankful for my 3-day weekends!!!

No comments: