Saturday, January 24, 2009

Luna's First Real Trail Ride

Yup, today, with ME riding her :) Well, she's been out with Toni on her and Kirk taking pictures as he rode with, but today there were SIX riders total!

We went down a little hill into the wash... we rode in sand, rocks, mucky mud and even in water. She spooked once at a pile of 3 tires - now why she would do that when we have a whole pile of tires in our own yard, I have no clue! But when she spooks, she spooks LITTLE - just a little drop of the shoulder and a tiny jump to the left, and I handled it just fine.
I'm so happy to be aboard...

Blue shirt on the left is my trainer Toni, I had to laugh when I saw this shot, she was keeping a watchful eye on me the whole time!

Once she tried to argue with what I was asking her to do!

But I made her stop and behave...

And we moved off nicely again :) Toni says I handled it just fine!

I just love this one, the wind in her mane...

Toni says this is "thinking sweat" from Luna using her brain so much!

I'm so happy with my girl!!!

2 comments:

Debby said...

You are in shirtsleeves. I will not be jealous. I will not be jealous.

Mikey said...

She's doing fantastic, and you too! You guys look great together!!