Saturday, November 1, 2008

Visiting In Desert Hills

My good friend Melanie just moved to Desert Hills last weekend while we were riding the Dragoons... we were supposed to help her move today but she had the opportunity to get in early so darn it we didn't get to help... and my good friend Kandace who also lives in Desert Hills just got a new colt... and that's where both Moses (our first home-bred donkey foal) and Patches the rescue pony ended up - so I put together a day of visits and although I was gone longer than I had planned, I got them all done! Unfortunately nothing at home got done... oh well. Here's my day...
First stop, Kandace and her new colt Strike - isn't he handsome...

Kandace also has a goat, Axelrod... and Darci, who was long for the ride, had NEVER seen a goat before. There was NO WAY she was going to let that strange creature anywhere near her mama...
Darci ready to get after Axelrod...

Sure wish we had a video of this... Axelrod was HILARIOUS, his head is bigger than Darci and he was terrified of her - kept runing behind Strike to hide, then acting all tough showing his horns until Darci started toward him again...

Second stop - Moses! Had to get a kiss from my boy...


Third stop, Melanie's new home... she had both sons and her two "grands" also visiting, along with another friend who was fixing her truck... and I got invited to share homemade birthday soup (potato/broccoli/cheese, YUM!) and pineapple upside-down cake.
Melanie's son Aaron having a birthday ride on Ginger

Melanie's granddaughter Taylor saying goodbye to Feathers, who is on loan from pal Sabrina

Last stop, Patches, who was so happy with his new friends that he wasn't interested in coming to get his picture taken. I am happy to report that he looks great!

Even if I didn't get anything done at home, it was a GOOD day!

No comments: