Saturday, November 8, 2008

Shots and Chores

Lest you all think my life is nothing but fun and riding... today was a chore day.

Before breakfast I fed 35 equines and 14 out of 15 dogs (Jake and Hilary were still sleeping), and rototillered the dog pen...

Once I got Hilary out of bed, we took 5 dogs to a shot clinic. Jake - brave boy! Vada - brave girl! Chelsie - brave girl! (Chelsie is Hannah's girl pup #3 that my friend Mary took home - she works on Saturdays so we took Chelsie with ours for her shots.) Rocket - brave boy! And then... RADAR! Who screamed enough for all the rest of them! I warned them that we needed to do him last because he would pierce their ears... but I didn't expect him to start when the tried to WEIGH him! He continued shrieking nonstop through the vet taking his temp and checking his heartbeat, and of course through his shot... Everybody waiting in line was laughing hysterically... That's my drama queen!

Came home and Hilary helped me move all the railroad ties into the dog pen to line the inside edge... then we started working on moving the mulch pile into the dog pen... three hours later we were about half done and ready to call it a day. Pictures coming...

No comments: