Monday, September 6, 2010

Possibilities...

Today I went on a ride with some friends in Rainbow Valley. We were talking about Shirley's new horse, which she got through an ad Sabrina posted for some folks she got HER gaited girls from... Sabrina claims it's not HER fault Shirley got another horse, I encouraged her to continue as I want another as well... and lo and behold, a gal riding just behind me says, "This mare is for sale" - turns out she is an 11-year-old Tennessee Walker, who does NOT like arena work, and the gal really wants a horse she can "do" cows on...

Hoping to pick up the mare this week sometime and try her out for a month... so keep good thoughts for me! Unlike the "free" horse, I did get to watch this one out on the trail for about 3 hours, on the road, in the wash, in the river (up to our bellies!) and up and down mountains, in sand and rocks and bushes... in a "crowd" of 15, and I never saw her put a foot wrong...

2 comments:

The Lazy B Miniatures said...

After riding that walker for a month or two, you'll never want to ride anything else!

PaintedPromise said...

oh i already have one gaited horse... i know, i know!!!