Sunday, September 5, 2010

Another Great Trip to Groom Creek...

The new truck made it up Yarnell Hill JUST FINE... WHEW! Not that I was really worried, but you know, after killing the Dodge three times... yeah.

Just a few highlights...

My little Holly was up camping with her "lease" family, got some pictures...




Had a great ride on Saturday...

Even got a nice rain shower on our way back to camp

and Rachel is getting along just great with Jasmine, I am so happy about that!!!

and Sherman got to try out his cool vest!


Had another great ride on Sunday but my camera batteries had died and I forgot to bring spares {sigh}... I took my pony Skeye along for my friend Lisa's son Carter to ride, and I WAS SO PROUD OF HER! She is 8 years old but basically just barely green-broke, however she has no bad habits except, by history, if she gets tired she will just STOP and won't take another step till the rider dismounts... then she will allow herself to be led home. Well she did a THREE HOUR ride without a problem... full of energy and followed the horses just great and even JUMPED four times over little gullies, much to Carter's purported dismay (although I hear he bragged about it to his grandparents when he got home).

No comments: