Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Another Mary Update

Thank you all for your prayers...Mary says she can feel them, she wasn't even afraid going into surgery last night. It went well, they were able to do both fractures through one incision and it took about half as long as they expected. They also found some torn ligaments that were causing a little internal bleeding and fixed those as well. They estimate THREE MONTHS recovery and said she is not to drive for that length of time, and can only put weight on one leg at a time so as not to stress the fracture sites. She is hoping to be moved from ICU to her own room tomorrow, and start PT as they will not let her go home until she can get herself up onto one leg all alone...

Randy was able to stop and see her tonight on his way home from work, he knows I feel bad about not being able to get down there and he said "Don't worry, I will go for both of us", and he got her a toothbrush and helped her figure that whole thing out... and I am hoping to get over to see her tomorrow on a long lunch! It sure doesn't help that they took her to a hospital that is over an hour from us {sigh} but it is the best place for her to be and that is what is most important!

1 comment:

kdwhorses said...

Oh my goodness! Glad to hear she came through surgery and recovering! Miss a few days and I miss out! Praying for a speedy recovery!

The pelvis is a scary thing, I watched my girl friend's horse flip over on her and broke her pelvis. I posted about it earlier in the year. Well she has just been released to ride again, took about 6 months for hers.