Sunday, March 27, 2011

Lucky Pup

This weekend was a 1-day ride, 25 miles on Saturday. So we headed south on Friday... I forgot where I put the camera when I brought it home from the office so I didn't take it with me. Halfway to Benson I remembered where it was, but I wasn't going back for it at that point... On a side note, the itty bitty truck did a lot better with the new rear end in it - averaged 7 miles per hour faster, with less audible strain on the engine - AND I EVEN PASSED SOMEONE!!!!!!! And, when Sabrina passed me, I saw that she was in the passenger seat... such a nice surprise to see that her husband Joe had come along! Lucky Pup Ranch, our base camp
Team Hag relaxing after vetting in Friday afternoon - Brenda, me and Sabrina
Obviously somebody said something funny...
It was early to bed and early to rise to get ready for our 25 miles! So nice to have Joe along to take pictures!!! Checked in and ready to go... Brenda on Patch, Sabrina on Jersey and me on Glory
Waiting to start...
Love love love this picture of Team Hag heading out... look at our horses, they are all walking the same - front left foot up! This is a controlled start, led by Brenda Riddle on the Arab (blue shirt on the right) - she is the ER nurse who saved the life of the fallen rider two weeks ago... always a comfort to have her along on the ride!
Brenda took this while we were riding...


Once again I was pleasantly surprised to find that Glory was already pulsed down to the criteria when we arrived at the interim vet check... we had a 45 minute hold so the horses and riders all had time for a nice snack.
Heading out for Loop 2
Glory kept looking back as if she thought Joe should be coming with us...
Joe had taken Brenda's pickup to run some errands, and he caught up to us on the road back to base camp
Happy to be almost back...
Do we look like we've done 25 miles???
Walking in from the final loop - I think this helps Glory a lot, to remove her bridle and bit and walk in lets her know she is all done, and...
Checking P&R to make sure we are down to the criteria (60) which she was!!! YAHOO this is the first time she has been down first try at BOTH vet checks... she is finally getting the hang of this endurance thing lol. We came in together at 6th place out of 15 riders, but they don't "do" ties so since I got to be first of our group two weeks ago, I took 8th this time. Team Hag Top Tens Again WOOT!!!

No comments: