Saturday, March 21, 2009

Passing the Torch

And YES that is a play on words, as you will see...

Today was the Buckeye Parade... and BOTH of my local daughters joined us...
First, me and Paint Mare...
Some of the other gals in the group...


Lindsey on Skeye




and Hilary on Katie...

Took the girls a while to "warm up" and "get into character" but by the time the parade was over and we were headed back to the trailers, Lindsey rode up to a policeman and drawled... "Excuse me, officer, would you happen to have some water, I'm so parched"... he started to apologize that he didn't have any or he would give her some, when she continued "I've been working so hard, I can hardly swallow" whereupon he turned BRICK RED and busted a gut laughing...

It was a great day with my girls... really surprised me that they wanted to come, they have always hated parades... then Lindsey pointed out another horse group (actually one we used to ride with!) and said "See Mom, they all have on black pants, long-sleeved white shirt, black hat, the horses have matching tack, and they have to walk in a straight line... THAT's what we hated...
Well, you will find none of that with the Outlaw Ladies and their Cowboys ;)

1 comment:

Mikey said...

ooooo you are some sexy girls!! Lol at the cop story! Love it!