Thursday, October 8, 2009

Ready... Aim... FIRE!

Well ok they don't really SAY that... since it's a cannon, it's already aimed. But they do say Ready... FIRE!

Due to prior horse-camping plans I missed the first re-enactment... but thanks to a couple of the guys Randy got some pictures.

Check this out:



Yup that's my Randy. And the GEN-U-INE civil war cannon he inherited from his Uncle Mike. He's got a period-correct jacket and hat too... and now a GEN-U-INE sword as well! One of these days I'll get to see/hear it fire... right now I just have to imagine from this...


Here's "The Williams Gun"

And the group:


It's good to see him excited about something, like I get excited about my donkeys. For anyone local, I believe he's going to open the Veterans' Day Parade next month! I will keep you posted :)

1 comment:

Debby said...

Oh, my gosh. I can't believe this. Really, Tim has wanted his own cannon for years. He's going to be soooooo envious.