Monday, April 25, 2011

Chaparral Day Two

Sunday's ride was just as gorgeous... this time Sabrina and Savannah did the 25-mile ride with us while Jersey rested from her long Saturday. AND I remembered I could do movies so we have a few of those...

Rode with a gal from Vegas and her mustang for a little while, what a gorgeous horse!

Brenda and Patch, bringing up the rear...

Such a beautiful trail
Sabrina and Savannah leading us down the trail

Then we came to THIS
Can't really see the rocks I was looking at but I love how this shot turned out...

This was the most awesome trail... come along with us for a few minutes...
Jacked this shot of us crossing the creek from Brenda

Sometimes we couldn't even see the trail until we were right on top of it...

Indulging my fascination with dead tree branches against the sky...

Do you see what I see?

Yup it's a lil prickly pear, growing right out of the rock!

In the wash, by this time we are almost back and the horses are tired and the last thing they want to walk in is sand!!!


We finished in good time and packed up to head home, unfortunately didn't get to stay for awards as we had a long drive ahead of us...

AND I didn't do this on Friday on the way in, so I made sure to do it on the way out... even though I've already done it once, I find myself wondering if the itty bitty truck is going to fit!!

In fact I would have loved to jump out and take a picture of the truck inside, but I don't think I could have gotten the door open enough to get out! Look in the mirror, not much room!!!

Whew made it!

Got home just before dark so I got everyone fed and HIT THE SHOWER boy did THAT feel good... and had me some puppy time, since we camped on a private ranch and they requested no dogs in camp, this is the first time Sherman and Rocket have not come along, I missed them SO MUCH!!!

No comments: