Sunday, February 28, 2010

Stuck In The Mud

HA! I thought I was going riding today... but it rained all night and THIS is what happened when I tried to drive the truck out back to hook up my trailer this morning...



So I guess I should have known better but it was Melwood's BIRTHDAY ride and I didn't want to miss it...

Randy DID get the trailer out later in the day once things started to dry up, and I meant to get the camera for pictures of the rig bogged down but he got it out before I got to it... Anyway here are the TRENCHES it left!

Where Zacchaeus is standing is where I stopped the truck... the deep spots behind him are where the trailer bogged down.


Sorry blurry but one more view of my "trenches"...


So bummer I could not go riding... so I was looking for something to do that would be a good excuse for NOT cleaning house lol... Well remember that blue dress I mentioned Friday?

I dressed it up with a ruffle at the top edge and at the waist...

The bottom of the front... I added maroon panels to both sides of the front slit I cut... and again the ruffle around the waist.

The view from the rear... this original dress has 2 layers of gauze over the top, I am still debating whether to leave them or remove them... Randy says thumbs down, but my "other mother" Shirley, who does the parades with me and makes costumes too, says to leave it...

What's your vote?

We did manage to drive over to the restaurant where the riders gathered for lunch after riding, so got to socialize a little... and when we got home...

THIS is the RV A/C unit we removed from my horse trailer...

THIS is the new skylight!

A view from the inside...

So I am pretty happy to have this done! And the A/C unuit will be going on Craiglist tomorrow night!

PS last but not least, HAPPY BIRTHDAY HILARY! My baby turned 19 today... she was going to go on the birthday ride too and I promised to buy her lunch but instead she slept in and then ditched me for lunch because the boyfriend said he would fix her car...

No comments: