Thursday, September 3, 2009

Babies? Or Just Bellies??

I took the camera out with me not long ago and shot some random pictures of my jennets... wondering how things are going with the breeding program but I'm just not sure. What do you think?

This is Milly, she is the oldest of all at 16... I don't have much history on her, except I know she has a 3-year-old daughter. IF she is pregnant, she can't be more than 6 months, or halfway... but she was overweight when I got her last spring.

Taffy is 15, has had two foals that I know of... and look at that expression - she does NOT want me taking or posting pictures of her butt! I believe she is due in October...

This is Betty Jean, who is 14 and has had 5 foals (all girls!) IF she is pregnant, she could not be more than 6 months along (halfway)...

This is Susie Q, she is 5 1/2 and has had one foal so far. I believe she is due in October...
Josey, who has never had a foal... she is 5 and was also overweight when I got her last spring. I don't think she wants me taking or posting pictures of HER butt either! Both Peggy Sue (the chocolate on the right) and Becky Lynn (the spot on the right) are the same age, and definitely NOT pregnant... just for comparison.

This is Mary Ellen, who just turned 4 and has not yet had a foal, although I am thinking she IS bred... just not sure if she is holding it tight like first-time moms sometimes do, and due this fall, or if she is not due until spring...

This is Ellie Mae who is only 2 and definitely NOT pregnant... just for contrast :)

So my conclusion is, I will continue checking HERE... as so far, all of my girls have begun to grow an udder approximately one month before foaling!

No comments: