Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy Friday - Yeah, Right!

Today I am going to whine. Sorry honey, I know you will see this eventually, and you ARE worth missing the trip for, really. But today while everyone else is heading up to Groom Creek and setting up camp, and I am at work - I WANT TO WHINE!

Yeah, tons of my friends are headed up for the first weekend at Groom Creek for the summer of 2009, and up until last week I was planning to go too. Then Randy's sister bought us tickets to his reunion since he is out of work. Without asking us. And it's this Saturday.

So no Groom Creek for me. WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH. Well I am not alone... one gal ended up in the hospital this week... and my good friends Mary and Lisa can't go either. And DeAnn who is moving out by us, was supposed to move last weekend but went and bought another horse instead {priorities ya know!} so i think she is staying home to move THIS weekend...

Well enough whining. I will have a productive weekend anyway. Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon I have two different parties coming to look at the rescue donkeys, so I hope to report that two of them have new homes very soon! Who knows, maybe someone will fall in love with more than one! One good thing I found out by letting Abner and Seth out with my herd is, they are not as bonded as I thought, so if I do have to split them up, I think they will be fine as long as they have another buddy. In any case they are NOT hanging out together like they were when it was just the two of them... And the lady who is coming Sunday has a very lonely donkey named Willis...

If it doesn't rain as forecasted on Saturday afternoon, I really really need to run down to Bales in Buckeye for a load of hay... the good news is they DO have straight rye back in stock now that it's spring. The bad news is, it's up to $11.00 a bale! It was only a few years ago that it was $6.50 and $7.00... GEEZ! But I really really like it and so do my horses, donkeys and mule... luckily the minis also like the oat hay and it's only $7.50 a bale so I will pick up some of that too and they will be getting a mix still...

I don't know whether to hope for rain or not. I really need to get hay and once I get it loaded I do have a huge tarp that will keep it safe. But if it is raining already, loading it will mean it gets wet... And since we got the pasture all disced up after the last rain, we sure could use another good one. So if y'all could say a little prayer that the rain runs late (like in the evening since we have to go into town for that reunion dinner anyway!!!) I'd really appreciate it!

No comments: