Saturday, October 25, 2008

Council Rocks/Dragoon Mountains

Saturday's ride was along the west side of the Dragoon range, home of Cochise's Stronghold and Council Rocks... If a picture is worth a thousand words, this post will be pretty wordy...

Heading out
Varied terrain - some areas had lots of trees!
Turtle Rock
Tourists taking pictures of US! Some of my friends in Council Rocks

The sign...
The pictographs
Yup that's me with that little rock lol Sure could see a LOOOOONG ways. We were all wondering what those holes in the vertical side of the rock were...

As my friend Linda demonstrates, we know what THESE holes were for...
The rock table where Cochise supposedly signed the peace treaty (although the sign said it was probably signed somewhere else {sigh} spoiled my historical thrill!)
God;s own Kokopelli!

AND... My oldest is 26 today. HAPPY BIRTHDAY ANDRIA!

No comments: