Saturday, May 14, 2011

Two Days Later Another Graduation

Kinda sprung on us at short notice but as things worked out, it worked out... so this morning I picked up my next-in-line brother, Scott, and headed over to the main campus of ASU for the graduation of my niece, Stephanie, from the teacher's college (Lindsey's graduation Thursday was from the business college).

Hilary had a job interview in Wickenburg which conflicted so she didn't make it, but Lindsey and Andria were there, as well as my mom again, and of course Scott, and my dad and his wife, and my "little" brother Steve with his wife Laura and all but one of their six kids...

While we were waiting we took some pictures because Lindsey had to get Andria to the airport for her flight home and we weren't sure they would be able to stay for the whole ceremony... and as it turns out, they weren't...
Uncle Steve with Andria and Lindsey. Wow that flash really washed them out, so I turned it off.

My dad with Andria and Lindsey. Apparently turning off the flash was the wrong move {sigh}


And for my brother, who didn't have a camera with video, some action, although {sigh again} I discovered that even though I knew in advance to be careful of it, I still moved the camera when I screamed... that was her on the far left just before the camera dipped, but I did get back to her and catch her coming down the stairs and the aisleway...

Afterward we took more family pictures, won't bore you with too many...

Me and my "little" brothers... and yes, the biggest one is the youngest...



And I learned something today. I learned how my kids feel when there is an event that necessitates both parents being in attendance... even at almost 50 years of age, with parents having been divorced almost as long as they were married, it was awkward for me. To add to the stress, my little brother informed us all that since the last picture of the 5 of us was taken at his wedding to Laura 23 years ago, he wanted a picture of us all together. He had figured out how everyone should stand and although some strain met his request, he did get his wish.


Me with nieces Stephanie, 22, the graduate, and Dennarae, who turns 17 next week.


I'll leave you with the two graduates

1 comment:

WWsue said...

What a fun day and what an attractive family!!