Friday, December 17, 2010

"Dad-In-The-Box"

For those of you who aren't familiar with our area, there is a place in the Hassayampa north of Wickenburg called Box Canyon... in talking with my dad in the past, I mentioned riding there, and he had heard of it but never been, so he asked if I might someday take him there. On Thanksgiving he called me and mentioned spending time in Wickenburg mid-December, and reminded me that I had promised to show him "the Box".


Today was that day...


The fall colors were gorgeous




Dad... in the Box!



Katie knows she is on the way back to the trailer, really walking out... in fact Dad even loped on her for a short distance a couple of times! Not bad for a 70-year-old who hasn't been on a horse but one other time in countless years...


We had breakfast at Cowboy Cafe before, and lunch at Anita's after... all in all a great day!

No comments: