Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Empty Nest...

It is with heavy heart that I post my empty nest... last night after I blogged about my ride on Luna, came the final blow-up with my youngest... as when I returned from my ride, she was not home as she should have been, and hadn't called, yet again. When a simple text and phone message to her resulted in several very vicious texts from her boyfriend, that was just the last straw...

Before she left, however, she did tell me that she was not angry nor bitter, and that this was a long time coming... AND that she never intended to follow our rules when she sat down and negotiated them with us last year, that we should never have let her move back in when things didn't work out at her dad's...

GEEZ. And we let this go on for over a year... she would do just enough to make us think she was trying, when in reality she was just trying to smooth things over and not get kicked out...

Well, she finally got what she has wanted all along - she can make ALL her own decisions now. But, she will be making them elsewhere and NOT in my home. In MY home, there will finally be peace...

Well, as much peace as can be expected since I don't know where she went... and a mother WILL worry...

As for the boyfriend, if I so much as see his face after what he "said" to me, I'll be calling the cops...

No comments: