Sunday, January 10, 2010

Ride, Ride, Ride!

I don't make resolutions but one of my goals for this year is to ride MORE! Yeah I ride a lot already but I WANT MORE! I'm doing pretty good so far, rode on January 1, 3, 9 and 10... and next weekend I have plans to ride Friday night, all day Saturday and all day Monday! There is another ride Sunday I'd like to make as well but we've got more fence to do darn it...

This weekend I went to Box Canyon in Wickenburg with 3 good friends. We started with breakfast at Cowboy Cafe and ended with lunch at Anita's. The fantastic ride in between and great company made the perfect day! Today it was the "anti-freeze" ride up in Prescott. I've never ridden in snow and I guess I can still say th at, there was a bit here and there but nothing solid. However there was ice on the trail which was a bit hairy for us, and the first water stop the horses had to break the ice before they could drink. Katie wasn't sure water that cold was a good idea but later on in the day she couldn't get enough!

Granite Mountain:


And here's a sight you don't see every day:

Yup that's prickly pear growing in snow!

Thanks to my pal Melanie I had my own flask of "anti-freeze" and between that and my thermal suit, I was comfy all day! Sherman got to come too and wore his own "thermal suit" so if someone will finally post a picture, I know some were taken, I will copy it and add it here :)

No comments: