Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

I'm betting, with all the New Year's Eve parties last night, that not many people saw THIS this morning...

I didn't get as much sleep as I had planned because the neighbor's right behind Dillon's pen were setting of M80s at midnight... I was awakened from a sound sleep by terrified chihuahuas dancing on top of me, then I could hear the small dogs in the kitchen all upset through the adjoining wall to my bedroom, and the big dogs all upset on the back porch... so I had to get up and go check on everybody to make sure no horses panicked through a wire fence! Everyone seemed to be ok so I went back to bed, having plans to get up early and feed before I headed out to go riding today!
Dillon munching breakfast as day breaks.

Over the back pasture

The neighbor's tree, behind the donkey garden

And my hay barn - what a beautiful glow. Sometimes, at sunset, it actually looks like it is on fire! But the morning colors are just so mellow...


Had a gorgeous ride and fun pot luck with friends this afternoon, took the camera but never took it out of the bag :(

Oh well, I had FUN!!! There's no better way to start the New Year off right!

3 comments:

small farm girl said...

Beautiful pictures! Not many people do see the sun rise. I wish I would see it more than I do. lol

Deb said...

gorgeous photos, the sunset here by us that night was equally beautiful,wish I hadn't been driving or I would have taken some photos, too.

Little House in the Desert said...

Havn't the sunsets just been amazing out here lately?!? We've been enjoying them out here too :)