Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yellowstone #16 - The Buffalo Herd

One of my goals for this trip was to see a "big" herd of SOMETHING... I didn't really care what...

Turned out it was buffalo :) and again spotted by discovering a bunch of other stopped vehicles and people walking with cameras... we were up on a cliff and the wind was blowing really hard... the herd was in the valley below but again Andria's zoom got some decent shots. I would have liked to see a big herd running but this was still pretty awesome...
This is a view of the cliff from the road, with the herd in the valley below. We walked out to that point to get better pictures.


They were pretty scattered, but I'm guessing there were about 200 or so!






I think it was pretty much nap time lol


A pair of sleeping young'uns...

Then one little guy got up and stretched... it seemed he was looking right at us!

The perspective doesn't show it but this guy was pretty darn big!
Seeing them made my day :)

1 comment:

Debby said...

You probably already know, but I'll say it anyways, just in case you did not hear it before.

You can't rollerskate in a buffalo herd.

Roger Miller said.