Thursday, September 11, 2008

Where Were You...

...when the world stopped turning ...that September day?

I remember waking to the alarm clock radio, Randy was in the shower. I had reached out to hit the snooze when what they were saying registered. I immediately jumped out of bed and ran to the bathroom to tell him what was going on... We were in shock but didn't know what to do except get the kids off to school and head for work...

I remember driving to work listening to the reports on the radio, tears streaming down my face... stopping at red lights and looking at the people in the cars next to me to see the same thing, tears streaming down faces...

Once I arrived at work, no one was getting much done... We spent most of the morning in the conference room watching the news reports on TV...

Have we forgotten? Not on this day of course, as anniversaries have a way of bringing back both the good and the bad. But in general, I'm afraid we as a country have "recovered" from that trauma a little too well...

I'm not just apolitical, I'd actually label myself ANTI-political... I hate anything that has to do with politics. But...

OBAMA
OSAMA

{shudder} I'm sorry - that's just too close for MY comfort...

For quite some time it has been part of my daily prayers that God lead the American people to vote in such a way that this country will stop moving away from Him and get back on track. Including me... I'm ashamed to say I haven't voted since we moved, since I didn't take the time to change my voter registration. Today I registered, and I WILL vote in this election.

I've said for years that a woman should be President but OMG please NOT Billary... well Sarah Palin is up for VP, not President, but hey, it's pretty darn close. And despite being anti-political, so far I like everything I've heard about her...

Well that's my soapbox for today and you won't see any more politics on this blog - at least, not until the election lol.

Being anti-political does NOT mean, however, that I am not patriotic...


Gotta get a horse in here somehow ;)

No comments: