Saturday, September 6, 2008

Back at the Ranch - Spur Cross Ride

Have to take a break from Yellowstone for some fun stuff happening at home. Thursday night I took Sherman for his first ride in his new saddle, on Paint Mare, but forgot the camera. He fell off twice, once before I even got in the saddle myself, but his little harness kept him dangling so he didn't hit the ground. His second ride was today at Spur Cross, on Katie. As you can see, her biggest thrill was the green grass growing along the trail.

Here's Sherman behind me in the saddle. He fell off twice again, toward the beginning of the ride. Then he seemed to get the hang of it and even stayed in place when we loped up a hill!

Here's a closer look

4 comments:

Debby said...

Oh, how cute! Betcha Mikey is sorry that she didn't let Wade get one of them now...you can't do that with her dogs, I'd warrant.

Mikey said...

HAH, oh yes you can Debbie! Lol, my Nee Nee rides with me.
But NOT in her own saddle! Susan, you are the funniest person, I swear. You bought that JUST for the dog, didn't you? LMAO!!
Only you....

kdwhorses said...

My dogs have always ridden with me in the saddle! Start um young! My old Aussie could run and jump into her spot no problems! People would just stare! LOL!

I like the seat for the dog! Sherman is alittle guy, he needs that luxury life! LOL

PaintedPromise said...

yes i did buy that saddle just for Sherman BUT i did not spend the $100 they want on-line... or even the $60 for one on sale. i got it for $20 at a yard sale :)

and he just LOVES it :)